Thursday, May 20, 2010

We have a Blog!

I've decided to start a blog, due to the fact that my baby girl is growing up way too fast, and I want to be able to remember everything!  I've heard and read that a blog would be great way to keep track of our wonderfully crazy life and I'm hoping it will force me to take more pictures!  Amelia will be 6 months old Sunday, SIX MONTHS OLD, already, I CAN NOT believe it.  I remember her birthday so clearly, as if it were yesterday.  Before we had her everyone told us, "it will go by so fast," and I thought that was just one of those things people tell you, but I'm here to tell you, IT HAS GONE BY SO FAST!!!  
Here is a quick run down of her most recent milestones:
Amelia is rolling over both ways, she is able to get up on her knees and move forward, I wouldn't call this crawling, because her hands are still in her mouth, but she does move forward.  Saturday the 15th we started feeding her solids, starting with sweet potatoes (veggies first), and Tuesday we moved on to peas.  Grandma Lois called me yesterday to inform me that Amelia had ate ALL of the peas I sent! She must like peas?!?!  She's not too sure about this whole solids thing, but she'll get the hang of it.  She's able to bear weight on her legs and enjoys standing up in our laps.  She has the best laugh; and laughs out loud at us on a regular bases.  She is a talker/screamer (already!) and many nights wakes up in the middle of the night, anywhere from 12am-3am, talking and screaming and then falls back asleep after a few minutes of this rambling.  It's hard to get mad for being woken up when you wake up to this! 
Her current likes and dislikes:   
She DISLIKES: nap time (and protest daily), being around huge crowds of people (which makes family functions a GREAT time for us), and being hungry!!  
She LOVES: putting anything/everything in her mouth, (ie: her feet, hands, my fingers/hair, Daddy's fingers, Sophie the giraffe, you get the point, ANYTHING/EVERYTHING) bath time, playing with Mommy and Daddy, and being outside.
Our lives are crazy busy these days with Amelia, church, work, family, friends, and trying to find time to ride bicycles!  I'm going to do my best to keep up with this Blog, because I really want to be able to look back at this time in our lives and remember it ALL!  I'll leave you with a family picture that we had taken about 3 weeks ago. 


No comments: