Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Weekend Recap

The weekend flew by, as usual, and we managed to pretty much cram every minute full of something! 

Saturday morning was my first organized bike ride!  Nathan, Joe, Myron, Alan and Mendy Hubbard and I rode the Nixa Bike Ride, put on by St. John's.  I opted for the 40 mile route, seeings how this was double my farthest ride to date!  Nathan was wonderful and stayed with me the whole ride, even though the 70 mile  route would have been more his speed.  I'm happy to say I made it through all 42 miles, not 40 miles!  I wasn't so sure I'd be able to finish at about mile 12.  I had a 'moment' and about passed out, but after that I was good.  This was the most challenging ride I've ridden so far and it included LOTS of HILLS, not humps!

Us before the ride

Joe and I at the rest stop in Republic at mile 26.

I think I can, I think I can.  I'm pretty sure this was a hill. Look at the determination! 

Nathan and I, aren't we cute?

Done!  I did it!

After the ride we went and picked up Amelia from Grandma's house and headed to Lowe's to get some flowers, that I needed to plant in my pots out front of our house like 3 weeks ago!  That evening was Aden's 3rd birthday party!  I can't believe that he's three already, he got some great toys and I got a yummy chocolate cupcake!

Sunday was church and Amelia's official half birthday!!  She's SIX months old!  One word can sum that up, unbelieveable.  That afternoon we ran to Springfield to do a little shopping.  Here's Amelia hanging out in the stroller or should I say hanging ON in the stroller.  She was super sleepy at this point, but when I went to take her picture she smiled real big, I love it! 


After shopping we can home and I planted my flowers and Nathan mowed the yard.  God blessed us with wonderful weather all weekend and we enjoyed every minute of it!

No comments: