Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Six to Nine Months and Thumb Sucker

Two things happened this past weekend.  1) Amelia is now in six to nine month clothes and 2) we have an official thumb sucker!
I noticed last week that her sleepers were getting a little tight and short.  So Friday night after bath time I broke out a six to nine month sleeper and held it up to Nathan and said,"look at this thing, it's HUGE!  No way it's fitting my baby!?!!?" 
Doesn't it look BIG?
And guess what?  This HUGE sleeper fit my baby girl perfectly. Again another example that she is growing up way too fast and right before our eyes.
Does this mean my baby girl isn't such a baby anymore? Sigh.  SO, we are officially in six to nine month clothes.  Time to pack up another set of clothes that she's out grown and add it to my growing collection.
Now on to the thumb sucking.  Amelia has always in general been a finger, hand, thumb sucker, ALWAYS.  She would never take a pacifier, always preferred her hand, fingers or thumb.  But the past weekend, I guess she figured out how to curl her little fingers up and stick her thumb directly into her mouth.  Nathan and I both noticed her doing this SEVERAL times and by the end of the weekend she had mastered it.  We're not too happy about the idea of having a thumb sucker so we've been trying to just take it out when we see her sucking on it.  But I do think she looks pretty darn cute doing it, and I'm not sure what we can do about it at night because she's learned to self sooth this way.  For instance, last night she slept for 11 hours and 15 minutes, from 7:30 pm to 6:45 am, without getting up to eat!! So we have a thumb sucker and we're going to do our best to pull it out every time we see it, but I have a feeling we might be fighting a losing battle.  The first of many I'm sure! 
Look who's sitting up VERY well, all by her self!!!

No comments: