Thursday, December 12, 2013

Cinderella 4th Birthday Party


Amelia requested a Cinderella Birthday Party this year, so a Cinderella Party she got.  I had a lot of fun planning and putting it all together and it made it even more special that she loved it.  We had a small issue that I'll get to later on, but other than that the party was a huge success.  I did what any other good mom would do and I went to Pinterest to gather all sort of fun ideas for the big day! 
The following pictures are all pre-party. 

Castle Piñata. Candy Necklaces as Drizella's Beads. Coloring books as party favors.


I made this carriage for the party goers to take their pictures in.  Easy enough, cardboard and spray paint.
Coloring station.

Make you own Crown of Tiara Station.  This was a big hit with the kids.

Being silly, all ready for her party.

Some of the details.
Yummy food!
I made and decorated the carriage cake.  Beth's Bake Shoppe did the sugar cookies, aren't they awesome?
Ready for her guest to arrive.
Pre-party time we had a talk with Amelia about being grateful and not rude or ugly.  Yes we are THOSE parents, but we wanted to stress to her that it was her party, but she still need to be grateful and polite.  She did great up until Piñata busting time.  When the candy came out she was in hoarder mood and I stepped in.  Then things went south.  Let's just say I had to take her to the bathroom and have a 'talk' with her.  I was pretty upset and in hindsight she wasn't horrible, this was her first real 'friend' party, she was hyped up on sugar, and there was A LOT going on.  Now here's the real kicker, we withheld her presents from her until Thanksgiving.  She did open all the presents at the party however when we got home NONE of them came out of my truck.  We talked to her every day about her attitude and how she was ungrateful at her party until it finally clicked in her mind that it was her fault, she chose to be ugly and selfish.  So on Thanksgiving night she got all the presents from her party, and I truly think she learned a good and valuable lesson.  Parenting is HARD stuff people, HARD!
Sorry for picture overload, but here are some shots from the party!   

Us in the carriage


This is Asher and his girlfriend.



Some of the girls posing.
 
My favorite people.
 



She's excited!


This is a quilt that Mema made for Amelia out of all her old baby clothes. 




All and all it was a great party.  I think everyone enjoyed themselves and a few days afterwards, Amelia told me it was the best birthday party ever.  So I'll take it, even if we did have a bit of a bump in the road.  Parenting is always a challenge and I think anyone reading this that has kids will understand.  I had a great friend tell me I handled it better than they would have in that I actually took her to the bathroom instead of doing it in front of everyone.  Got to love friends!  It's the small things....
Happy Birthday to Amelia Paige Beaver! 

No comments: