Thursday, January 16, 2014

Growing up way too fast!

Amelia is growing up WAY too fast.  We had another major milestone in her life.  I'm not sure if it's technically a real milestone, but for any little girl, it's a pretty huge deal.  She got her ears pierced!!!She had been saying she wanted them done for a while now but we had never pursued it, probably because Nathan and I were hesitant, not her.  One day while the kids and I were at the mall we stopped and watched a little girl get her ears pierced.  After we watched that Amelia was ready and determined to get hers done. So Saturday January 4th, we did it.  I'm pretty sure Nathan was the most nervous about it, he asked me a ton of questions and kept saying maybe we shouldn't do it.  I had to keep reassuring him she would be FINE, and really at this point it would be a bigger deal to her if we didn't let her do it.  So we were off!
      
She's all ready!
We had to wait a minute, so she's checking out other earrings.

Marking her ears with the pin.
It's go time!
Ready!
Go!
Only time I thought she 'might' cry.
This was only a few seconds after the last picture!
She loved them!
She got a sucker, so did her brother.  :)
Beautiful girl!!

1 comment:

Lauren said...

what great pictures! I'm glad you waited until she was old enough to WANT her ears pierced...that's my plan with Elyse as well!