Thursday, May 8, 2014

T-Ball

This was the first year that Amelia was old enough to play t-ball, I was so excited when I heard about sign ups.  I went home and asked her if she wanted to play t-ball, and she said, "no, I want to do dance."  WHAT??  So I asked again, explaining it more this time, her response was the same, "no."  I looked at Nathan in disbelief and asked him what I was going to do and he said, what any other parent would do, make her.  Of course he was only joking, but Amelia had little to no desire to play t-ball and I wasn't going to force her so that conversation was over.  Fast forward maybe 3 weeks later where I see my sister Brittney talking about trying to get her son, Eli on a t-ball team.  I complained to her that I couldn't get Amelia to play, she wisely suggested I tell her that Eli was playing and ask her again.  So that evening I went home and asked her again, "hey Amelia, Eli is playing t-ball in Republic, do you want to play on his team?" Her response, "Eli's playing? I want to play on his team."  Well ok, that was easy enough.  So here we are playing t-ball.  These of pictures from our first and third practice.  Games start Monday, I'll keep you posted on whether it's successful or not.  :)  I'm sort of counting on her being the one kicking up the dirt and dust while watching the ball roll past. 

Playing catch!
She sort of throws like a girl. :(
Throwing was not her favorite part.


Notice the ball is still on the tee.  :)
Good job A!
A hit!
She's got the swing mostly figured out.



Swing.


Third practice and she's hitting the ball better!

No comments: