Monday, August 30, 2010

Nine Month Stats

Amelia had her nine month well visit on Thursday the 19th with Dr. Sears, I know I'm a little behind!  She weights 20 lbs and 14 oz and is 28 1/4 inches long.  That puts her in the 90 percentile for weight and 85 percentile for height.  No shots this time!! Just a small finger prick to check her iron count.  Everything checked out perfectly and she's as healthy as can be. 
Our next adventure is starting her on table foods to get her used to new textures!  We've tried a few things, like bananas, oatmeal and crackers.  But we're stepping it up and going to keep trying new stuff!  I went to Babies R Us last night because they had 3rd foods on sale, and I'm hoping that what I bought will get us through and then it will be all table food!  She's crawling, pulling up and trying to climb on anything and everything.  The past few days she's been pulling herself up at nap time and just standing there crying for me instead of napping.  I hate this, but I'm hoping it's just a phase.  She also 'crusing' in her crib.  She'll walk for end to end.  She says mama and talks and sings a lot.  One of my favorite times with her is at church during praise and worship and I'm singing and she starts singing too.  She waves bye-bye, occasionally and when she wants something she gets it!  She's very independent, already!!  She's so much fun, we love her more and more everyday, if that's possible.  She's a chunk and is wearing 6-12 or 9 month clothes, and 12 month PJ's and some 12-18 month shorts!  We also had our nine month photo shoot with Jennifer Hedrick.  Here are a few of my favorites. 
Ok, so neither of them were happy, but how cute are Amelia and Eli here??
I've been a bad blogger, I'm totally going to do better.  Promise.  Have a good week!

2 comments:

Lauren said...

LOVE that first photo of Amelia! The look on her face is priceless!

Bethany said...

I seriously love the "I threw my hat on the floor and what are YOU gonna do about it" look on her face. And that one of her and Eli looks like one we took of Ave and Brady, ha! Too cute.