Friday, April 12, 2013

Randon Ramblings

~ Asher has started to sleep with a stuff doll/animal. I say stuff doll because some nights it's a stuffed Geo from Team UmiZoomi, other nights it's Mickey Mouse.  This is the first thing we've allowed in his bed with him.  It's the beginning of the end I think.  Which makes me sad.

~ We've been considering getting the kids a dog.  A small indoor dog, preferable house broken.  Any tips?

~ Nathan and I have been watching the Downton Abby Series, if you haven't watched it's, it's fabulous.  We're 3 or 4 episodes into season three.  Good stuff! Any other good series that you are watching?  We need something for when we're finished with Downton.

~ I'm rereading the Mortal Instruments series.  The City of Bones movie comes out in August, and I want to be prepared.  :)

~ I'm struggling with entertaining the kids verses getting my housework done.  Is there a good balance?  I don't mind putting stuff off to play, but there comes a point when it has to get done and there are only so many hours in the week.  Yesterday I only managed 2 or 3 loads of laundry.  However, we went to the library, managed to grocery shop, and make m&m cookies. 

~ I made cookie dough dip over Easter weekend and it is amazing. Warning this will rune your diet, but it's totally worth it. Grab your favorite dry cookie mix (of course I chose chocolate chip), one package of cream cheese, and one stick of butter. Mix is all together, shape until a ball, allow it to chill for about an hour, grab something to dip with (animal crackers, vanilla wafers, spoon :)) and go for it! A-MAZING!

~ We're planting a garden!  I've asked and asked and asked, I guess my persistence paid off because we're going to buy the stuff this weekend!

~  Have a GREAT weekend!

1 comment:

Lauren said...

YUM! That cookie dough dip sounds wonderful...maybe something I should take to small group!