Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Easter Weekend

We had a great, but super busy Easter weekend.  I was completely exhausted on Sunday evening!  Running from place to place with TWO kids is a workout in it's self!

Saturday morning we got up early and headed to Reeds to visit with my grandparents.  This was very hard for me, but turned into such a good thing.  Recently we found out that my Grandpa has cancer.  Not just cancer, but three different types of cancer in three different places in his body.  The prognosis is grim, but as Nathan reminds me, we live on God's time not a doctors time.  So we're taking every opportunity we have to spend time with him while we can.  Saturday was a good day and it was great for me to see him upbeat and almost his normal self.  I'm choosing to cling to this good days, rather than dwell on what's to come.  Saturday afternoon and evening consisted of getting groceries and prepping stuff for Sunday. 
Sunday was quite the whirlwind.  Amelia and Asher had a visit from the Easter bunny before church.  We did the 8:30 early church service, followed by Sunday school, and then at 10:30 we did Asher's baby dedication (which had been rescheduled because he was sick), immediately afterwards Kylie was baptized.  Stupid me didn't give my camera to anyone to take pictures for me, but my sister Kate was there and she took pictures, I'm hoping to steal some of those and I'll post them later.  After Kylie's baptism we ran home and threw the kids down for naps so we could go to Mema and Papa's for lunch.  After lunch and spending some time playing at Mema and Papa's we were off to Cassville to my families Easter get together.  Brittney took pictures, and I know she got some great ones of Amelia hunting eggs and playing, so I'll steal some of those as well!  :) 
So sometime soon I'll do an entire picture post from this weekend!  I however did get a few pictures taken before we left the house for church, so here are those!

Bringing the baskets inside.
The Easter bunny did good!
We 'planted' jelly beans and they 'grew' into suckers!
Little man's 1st Easter.
All ready for Church.
No Mama, don't take my picture!

No comments: