Thursday, May 16, 2013

Random Ramblings

~ I was out of town, alone, Monday and Tuesday of last week.  I'm happy to say I survived and so did Nathan and the kids.  This is the first time I've went to a meeting by myself, it was a bit odd I must say.

~ Amelia and I made little teacher appreciation gifts to give to each of the teachers at preschool.  I instructed for to give it to them and say, I appreciate you.  So on the way to school I asked her, 'Amelia what are you going to say?'  She replied with 'Congratulations!'  I had to laugh.

Amelia and her teacher, Ms. Amy.
~ Yikes, our summer schedule is already looking crazy!  But it also involves lots of fun!  I can't wait.

~ Amelia has been saying the funniest things lately.  The other day I was trying to load the kids up and told Asher it was time to go, well he took off running away from me, I tried to grab him but failed and Amelia hollers, "Seize him!"  I had to stop and laugh, I didn't even know she knew that word, yet alone what it meant.  She informed me she learn it on Sofia the First.  Of course she did.  See TV does educate.

She got her first real boo boo.
 
~ Asher is officially a big boy, we turned his car seat around this weekend.  Our Pediatrician suggested that we wait until 2, but he's got such long legs, I felt bad for him, so we did it.  He's loving facing forward and now demands sunglasses!


~ We only have one more episode of Downton Abby to watch before we're all caught up, I'm going to wait a while, because I really love this show and season 4 isn't schedule to air until the beginning on next year. Boo.

~ I'm currently listening to a book on CD!  I used to do this a lot driving back and forth to college, but nothing since.  However, with my St Louis trip last week I had a lot of windshield time so I got The Racketeer by John Grishman.  I'm really enjoying it.  I asked Nathan the other night if it was weird if I went and sat in my truck to listen a while before I went to bed.  He laughed.  I guess that meant it was weird, so I didn't go.

~ Asher's new favorite thing to say is too, as in also.  For example, "Walk, too.  Sunglasses, too.  Cookie, too."  He wants everything Amelia has or does and let's us know it. :)  He is also working on another tooth, I'll be glad when it finally breaks through.

Asleep with a sucker in his mouth.

~ Sad Momma moment, today is the last day of preschool for Amelia.  Look how much she's grown, and how much her looks have changed.  I'm going to be a mess when Kindergarten rolls around.      

My mind is blown.













1 comment:

Lauren said...

SEIZE him! hahahaha! love it!

I'm sure Elyse will be quoting Sofia very soon...she loves her!