Thursday, May 2, 2013

MIA

Sorry I've been missing in action for a while.  When was the last time I posted? Ok I just looked TWO weeks ago.  Oh my goodness.  FAIL.  So I'm just going to ramble a bit about what's been going on over the past two weeks. 

I will be back at the Menu Monday and regular blogging now!  Promise.

- Spring has came! So we've been playing outside a lot, this year it is SO much easier, I see lots of outside time in our future!  :)

Mowing, don't tell him he's not in the grass.
~ With that about statement being said, Friday, this Friday, May 3rd, they are calling for a chance of snow?!?!?!  What?  Stupid Missouri weather.  Try explaining shorts and t-shirts one day to pants and coats the next day to my kids.  UGH.

~ So, I've received five graduation invitation, am I obligated to send/get each one a gift?  I don't know how this works exactly. 

~ I've not only been a failure at blogging, I've been a failure at cooking.  Seems like we've been running every night so we just grab something quick and easy.  Our weeks are going to look like this: Monday night - I zumba, Tuesday night - Nathan has started riding bicycles, Wednesday night - we are actually home together, Thursday night - Amelia has dance, Nathan rides bikes until 8, then I go to late Zumba and Friday night - we're home together. Insane, but we make it work and I'm GOING to get better at having dinner at home.

~ Gus, our dog, had to go.  :(  He was such a great dog and we really loved him, but he decided he didn't like Amelia.  I don't know why or what happened, but Saturday he randomly started growling at her and even tried to nip at her.  She's the sweet one, always petted him and loved on him.  Asher was the one that tried to run him over with toys and whatnot and Gus was fine with him.  Amelia was super sad and just wanted him to love her, but I couldn't take the chance of him actually biting her.  However, I'm confident we found him a great home where he'll be loved and showered with attention.

~ Amelia is gearing up for her Spring Dance Recital, it's May 11th.  Also her last day of school is May 16th, that girl isn't going to know what to do this summer.  :)

Modeling their costumes.
 
~ I'm in the misted of planning us a mini family vaca to St. Louis in June and a bigger trip for just Nathan and I for our TEN year anniversary.  The sad part is we can't decide where we want to go.  Any good suggestions?  Honestly we are thinking a MAX of four nights away.

Cooking together
 
~ Asher is at such a fun age right now.  The little stinker thinks it's SO funny, for instance, when I tell him 'I love you' he replies with 'I love you Daddy' and then laugh.  He SO knows what he's doing.  :)

~ Alright, I'm finished rambling for now.  I'll be back sooner than later this time!







2 comments:

Unknown said...

I say NO you are not obligated to get all of them a gift. If I had to give gifts to all the kids who sent me invites I'd live in a box.
And, I haven't been there, but Lauren and another friend of mine both did the Dominican and it looks freaking AHmazing. :)

Lauren said...

oh my goodness! Go to the DR!!! But make it 5 days, your kiddos will be fine! the DR is absolutely amazing and honestly one of the most beautiful places we've been...and we've been to several different locales!

Let me know if you need travel tips...we were able to go for a really reasonable amount!