Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Perfect Weekend

We had an absolutely perfect weekend!  Saturday was a day full of dance.  First up was dress rehearsal followed by a late afternoon recital.  Amelia did wonderful, and I'll post those pictures in a whole other post soon.
After her recital we went to my mom's to celebrate Mother's Day with an easy dinner of hamburgers and hot dogs. Yum!  I'm so thankful Spring tempertures seem to be here to stay.
Although my kids didn't get the memo that sleeping in on Mother's Day would be the best gift ever, we still had a pretty great day.  Amelia made me a card at preschool and surprised me with it while I was in the shower.  Her timing isn't the best, but she was super excited.  After my shower I was able to check out what she made at school, and it was the perfect Mother's Day present in itself.  Nathan spoiled me as well, with a new purse and a new long mirror (the kids hard broken my other one a LONG time ago). 
Sunday at church Amelia and some of the other kids were supposed to sing two songs.  Well come time to sing Asher was determined to go sing too, so he did.  My heart could have burst right then and there.  They both did wonderfully. 
After church and naps we head to Nathan's parents house for a yummy lunch and some quality time playing outside.
To finish the day up we ran to Lowe's to get some flowers so I could finish my planting for this spring.  After Lowe's we randomly stopped at a shaved ice stand where had a great time sharing shaved ice with our kiddos.  We spend the rest of the evening outside planting my flowers and working on our landscaping.  Seriously, a perfect day with my favorite people.    

Amelia's handprint picture says, I love to hug her and she always brings me my favorite dinner.




Love them.




1 comment:

Lauren said...

love your new purse! and my parents were so impressed with Asher's Little Light of Mine skills!

Good to see you today...you look incredible by the way!