Tuesday, July 20, 2010

In Other News...

Amelia is officially a big girl!  She's now in her big girl car seat!  We made the switch Saturday the 3rd.  She's hasn't quite out grown her infant carrier, but she was getting pretty heavy to haul around in that thing, and now that she's able to sit up I can put her in the shopping carts at walmart and such.  She looks SO big her convertible car seat.
She was helping Dad figure it out!
Look how BIG I am!
We've also recently discovered that she likes a) pickles and b) likes frozen peaches!  Nathan and I went to McAlister's to eat the other day and Amelia kept reaching for our food, so Nathan gave her a taste of his pickle.  At first she made a horrible face, so he took it away and she got mad, so he gave it back to her.  She mulled/sucked on if for a while.  We tried it again the next night at home and apparently she thinks pickles are OK because she did the same thing the next night!
A couple of months ago I read that frozen fruit offered in these mesh feeders are good for teething babies.  Well I don't know if Amelia is in fact teeth or not, but she LOVES frozen peaches in her mesh feeder.  I gave one to her to see what she would do and she sucked on that things for 30 minutes!  I know she really does love it, because she only managed to throw it on the floor twice in that entire time frame, which is some sort of a record!  Usually we play the throw it/pick it up game repeatedly when she's in her highchair! I don't have a picture of her with the peaches, but here's one of her playing with (ok eating) a spoon!

No comments: