Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Preschool

Amelia had her first day of preschool yesterday at ABC Preschool at the First Baptist Church here in Aurora, and it was a 100% success.  She LOVED it.  Since she's only two we didn't feel a huge need to push her into anything, so she'll just be going two half days.  Right now she's going on Tuesday and Thursday from 9-12.  Yesterday it was so cute getting her dressed and watching her be so excited about going to something she knew very little about. 


 
Dancing with Asher.
We went and picked up Nathan up at work and he went with us to drop her off.  When we first got to the church she was absolutely giddy with excitement, she would have been out of the car if she wasn't buckled in her seat.  She hollered, 'Bye Dad', before we had even put the car in park.  While we were standing outside waiting for the doors to be unlocked she kept saying to me, 'I'm so excited.' :)  I took her into her classroom, had to ask her to kiss me and it was, 'Bye Mom'.

 
At noon Asher and I returned to pick her up and I had three teachers stop me before I even got to her teacher to tell me how cute she was, how good she did and all about the show she put on in music time!  What can I say she LOVES music?  Ms. Amy (Amelia's teacher) said she did wonderfully, that she loved music time and play ground time.

When we got in the car on the way home I was quizzing her about her day and she tells me she had animal crackers for a snack, but nothing to drink (which I doubt).  When I asked what kind of songs they sang in music she told me 'they were just CD's Mom".  I asked her if she wanted to go back she said, 'yeah next week'.  She cracks me up.  The few hours at home alone with Asher were nice as well.  I'm so thankful she had a great time and I'm looking forward to this new chapter.

Tonight we start 'real' dance class, with tap and a ballet shoes, it's serious now.  :)   

No comments: