Monday, December 17, 2012

Another busy weekend!

We had another crammed pack weekend. It was a good, just busy busy busy! Saturday morning was Amelia's dress rehearsal for her Christmas dance recital. I headed off with Amelia and Nathan and bubba headed to Springfield to do some Christmas shopping. (He's a great daddy). We all met up back at home early afternoon for lunch and naps before Amelia's big recital!

 
Dress Rehersal
Ok, so we're new at this dance parent thing, and when I was told Amelia needed to be there at 6:00 for her 6:30 recital, I had her there at 6:00. Bad idea, apparently you have to arrive much earlier than 6:00 to get a good seat. With that bring said I took ZERO pictures and we just opted to record it instead. I got some good before and after pictures but none of the actually recital. 6:30 is also a horrible time for us, we ALWAYS have Asher in the bath tub at 6:30 and he's asleep around 7:00, so again no pictures during the recital because 1) bad seats and 2) wrangling above mentioned little boy. :).
Amelia did SO well. She never gets nervous or shy at these sort of things, just does her thing. It's so much fun to watch.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Sunday after church was our first Christmas of the season. It was also a hard one, it was our first at my Grandmas house without my Grandpa there. It's nice to have the kids running around oblivious to sorrow and loss. We had lots of great food and enjoyed icing cookies.










1 comment:

Lauren said...

love those dance pics! and I hope you don't turn into a crazy dance mom...ha!