Friday, December 28, 2012

We had a very Merry Christmas

Our Christmas celebrations didn't start until lunch at my mom's house on Monday.  The kids woke up at their usual hour of SIX AM.  We bought them to our bed to watch some cartoons and Nathan looks at me and say lets go out for breakfast.  I said, OK.  So I quickly text his parents and invited them to meet us at Village Inn at 8ish for breakfast.  I enjoyed this fun little impromptu breakfast, as did the kids, I think.  On our way home from breakfast we were discussing how it was Christmas Eve and that 'Sparkles' (our Elf on the Shelf) would go away tonight and Santa would come and bring presents.  While having this conversation Amelia informed us Santa needed chocolate milk to drink.  I don't buy chocolate milk, Amelia drinks strictly white milk, I didn't know where she got that Santa needed chocolate milk, but we complied and stop at the store and got Santa some chocolate milk.  We later found out that on the cartoon Max and Ruby (which I'm not a fan of) Santa wanted chocolate milk.  Back to lunch at Nana's,  we decided to do enchiladas and Mexican food as opposed to the traditional ham and turkey.  Amelia really got into opening presents this year.  Asher not so much, so sissy helped him out a lot.  :) 

She had just woke up from her nap when we went to Nana's so Amelia cuddled with Grandma Mary.
Her pile of presents.
 
Here Asher let me help you.
 
Tractor.
 
After mom's house we had dinner at Nathan's parents house.  We strapped the kids in their car seats and and drove around so little guy could catch a bit of an afternoon nap.  (Holiday's tend to mess up my kids sleep schedules)  After a SHORT nap is was time to open more presents and visit with more family.  Let me say we are incredible blessed to be able to spend the holidays with our family.  Nobody lives far away and we're able to get together and fellowship.

I'll open it just enough to stick my arm in.
 

Playing operation.
After Mema and Papa's house we rushed home to finish cookies for Santa, I had got them baked during Amelia's nap before Nana and papa Jim's house, but she didn't have time to ice them.  She got Santa and the Reindeer's plate ready and sit it out for them before heading to bed. 

Chocolate milk. :)
 
Ready for Santa.
Christmas morning was another early morning for us.  We managed to stay in our bed until close to 7 with the kids.  Amelia had actually forgot about the whole Santa thing until we said something to her about what she had done the night before.  Again, Amelia had a blast opening presents, Asher got into it a little bit more this time.  He was still unsure about the whole deal and preferred to play in the new truck Santa brought them.  He played in that thing ALL day long, and everyday since.  He enjoyed the chaos of all the new toys and stuff everywhere, me not so much.  Makes my house feel cluttered and small.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
We were able to stay in our pj's almost all day on Christmas, which was a first for us I think.  I was nice just to relax at home and let the kids enjoy their new presents.  That evening we had dinner and more gifts at my Dad's house.  Amelia and Asher got to play with Eli so they loved it.
We had a great Christmas.  This year was SO much fun having Amelia older and able to understand it a lot better.  I can not wait until next year when Asher will be able to understand all the chaos better.  :)    


Dancing with Eli
 
Dancing alone.
 
Helping Bubba again.
 





































1 comment:

Lauren said...

we'll have to remember next year that Santa likes chocolate milk! ha!

Maybe we'll just make it homemade with Hersey's syrup & regular milk...or would that not be acceptable?