Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Fun, but busy, weekend

It's definitely fall!  I'm loving it.  Our weekends are pretty much packed full of activities up until Christmas.  But we are making memories and loving every minute of it.

With Amelia being in preschool she's started getting invited to all her little 'friends' birthday parties.  Saturday was the most recent party and it was held at JumpMania.  We decided to take Asher along and pay for him to jump too.  Both of the kids love these places, me I'm a nervous wreck almost the whole time. 
Add caption

Add caption
Add caption
Add caption

After car naps (those are always short) and a quick trip the mall for Asher new shoes (the kid wears a size 9) we had a yummy dinner at Cheddars.  On the way home we stopped to buy pumpkins for our pumpkin craving party at my Dad's on Sunday.


Sunday was another big day.  First of all church, where I had a major mommy moment.  1) Amelia started going to children's church. 2) Asher went to 'big boy' Sunday School class.  Ok these may seem like small things but I had trouble with them.  First of all Asher has gone to Sunday School with me since day 1.  He was the kid that wouldn't stay in the nursery because he would cry and never stop.  So he's always came to Sunday School class with me, always.  Lately, since he is now 2, we'll been encouraging him to go to 'big boy' Sunday School.  Sunday he decided he wanted to go. So he did without any crying, protesting or drama, he went to Sunday School.  I sort of pushed him in his class and ran away, expecting him to protest.  I only ran far enough away so I could still listen and run to the rescue if needed.  And to my surprise, nothing happened.  He sit down in the little chairs and colored a picture.  WHAT????  When I finally decided he was fine I had to walk by his classroom to get to my classroom and I looked in and saw him sitting at the table in those chairs coloring a picture like a big boy I was sad, but still not crying until I walked into my classroom and someone asked me where Asher was.  I had to tell them my baby was in 'big boy' Sunday School.  This is when I cried.  Ugh.  To top it all off Amelia had went to Children's Church, followed by Choir practiced followed by Sunday School and I hadn't seen her.  My. Babies. Aren't. Babies. Anymore.  Told you, major mommy moment.
Ok, so enough of that.  Asher went to Sunday School had a blast, and Amelia loved Children's Church, this is most likely our new normal on Sunday's, I will adjust.  After church, we headed home for naps and lunch.  Around 3:00 we headed to my Dad's house for our annual pumpkin craving party.  We had dinner and craved/painted pumpkins.  Good family time for sure.  And the weather was amazing so the kids got to play outside all afternoon.
Add caption
Add caption
Add caption
Add caption

No comments: