Wednesday, October 9, 2013

A's 1st Field Trip

Amelia had her 1st field trip Monday to the Pitch' Patch in Marionville. 
We had a bit of a dilemma the day the note came home that she got to go on a field trip.  I took the note out of her bag and read it out loud to her.  The note stated that parents were welcome to come, but they must transport their child to and from the Pickin' Patch for ease of transportation, due to car seats in the church van and what not.  Amelia immediately says, I don't want you to go, I want to ride the bus.  TALK ABOUT HEARTBROKEN.  I could have seriously cried.  She didn't want me going on her first EVER field trip?   After talking to her a bit more, she was under the impression she got to ride on a 'school bus, like a big kid, without a car seat'.  After explaining to her that this wasn't the case she was completely fine with me coming as long as she could still hold Bree's (her friend at school) hand and follow the bus.  :)  Here are some pictures of the day!
 








 
We had a great time, and I'm super glad that she decided it was okay for me to tag along.  :)

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Awww...sweet girl! so glad she decided you could join in on the fun!