Thursday, March 14, 2013

My kids are pretty awesome

I'm going to take a minute to brag about my kids.  I want to remember these stories forever, so I'm making a whole blog entry about what they have been up to lately.

- Amelia was become very independent and also very helpful.  She dresses herself daily and requires little to no help.  It's really a great thing only having to worry about getting one kid ready.  :)

Helping me shop.  :)

- We get a ton of magazines and toy advertisements in the mail.  Amelia loves to look through them all, but has recently started declaring she wants almost everything in the ad.  So we decided to teach her about saving and earning.  Nathan cut the picture out of the thing she wanted the most and glue it to a piece of paper with 25 boxes, the cost of the toy.  She earned stickers to put in the boxes, when they were full she was able to get the toy. 

 

- Asher is a good little helper as well, I've taught him to go get his own diaper when he needs it changed.  I'll say "Asher go get a diaper" and he'll take off running and brings back a diaper for me.  :)

- We've always sang at our house, so naturally both kids like singing too.  Well when it's time to go we sing the end of the Down by the Station song.  Either Nathan or I will sing, "chug chug, toot toot" and Amelia has always replied with the rest, "off we go."  Now Asher will reply "off we go" with Amelia, it's the cutest thing ever.

- Amelia has memorized John 3:16, she does really great, however God's Son is his only forgotten Son instead of begotten.  :)

 
- Amelia came running into my bathroom the other morning while was getting ready, saying "mom mom come look at your bed."  So I stepped around the corner and my bed was completely made, with all the pillows in the right spot and everything, she did an excellent job.

- When Asher wants something he'll come find me and grab my hand and lead me to what he wants or needs, which is usually the pantry because he wants a snack.  The other day after he lead me to the pantry and I opened it up to see what he wanted he pointed to a cake mix and said "cake cake."  What can I say he boy loves his sweets.  I did not make him cake either, just so you know.

- I posted this on facebook the other day, but I also want to document it here.  :)  Amelia looks at the other day and says, "Hey Mom, do you know the muffin man?"  She was 100% seriously, no joking about it. 

- The kids and I were at chick fila the other day and a man sat down in the booth across from us.  The man just happened to be wearing a cowboy hat.  Asher looks at the man, and continues to stare for a minute then he starts saying, "ee, ii, ee, ii, oooo."  How can you not laugh at that???

 
I seriously love my kids, they are such a blessing to us daily.  They make our lives complete.  Completely crazy at times, but still wonderful. 














1 comment:

Lauren said...

such a precious post! & I love the idea of teaching Amelia to save...Dave Ramsey would be so proud! ha!