Tuesday, February 5, 2013

We'll take the good and the bad...

The title of this post sums up our weekend.  Saturday was good, Saturday night was bad, Sunday was average, but hey we'll take it all. 
Saturday morning Nathan had to work for bit and the kids and I just hung out, had breakfast, played and Asher took his morning nap.  Both kids got their hair cut Saturday morning.  This was Asher's second hair cut and Amelia's fifth (I think).  Just trims nothing major, in fact I don't think we'll be getting major hair cuts for a long time.  I won't cut Amelia's hair off, I just don't have it in me.  :)  Saturday afternoon we had plans to meet my brother, Mandy and Aden in Springfield at Build-A-Bear so Amelia could build a girl bear.  Amelia inherited a bunch of the girls' Build-A-Bear clothes for Christmas from Nick and Mandy, however all the clothes were girl clothes, and Amelia had one bear that she had made previously and he was a boy bear, blue bear.  I was fine with this and Amelia was fine with these clothes, she would dress up blue bear and say he was wearing his girl clothes.  My brother however was not fine with this, he wanted her to have a girl bear to dress up with girl clothes, therefore we had to make a trip to Build-A-Bear trip Saturday.  :)  I'm not complaining though, because after a quick trip to get a girl bear (which turned out to be a girl bunny) we got to have yummy food at Texas Roadhouse and Andy's. 
At Build-A-Bear
Naming her bunny with Aunt Mandy
Aden got to build a camo bear
Saturday evening came the bad.  At about bedtime Amelia got sick and continued to get sick until about 11 pm.  Poor girl, I felt so bad for her, there's nothing worse than sick kiddos that you can do absolutely nothing for.  On top of all this Nathan was sick as well.  I'm praying Asher and I say in the clear.
We had already decided not to go to church and Nathan had arranged for someone to teach Sunday school before Amelia got sick, because he was feeling bad.  So we stayed home and in our pajama's all morning.  Amelia didn't get sick anymore after 11 pm Saturday night, but even today her appetite still isn't 100 %.  Asher's still sick-free, as am I.  Nathan sleep most the day Sunday and he's getting back to normal, but dang it was a rough 24 hours or so. 
I'm reminded that God doesn't always promise us sunshine and flowers, however He's there in the rain and troubled times as well.  I'm so thankful for a God that I can thank daily for the blessings of life and for a God who I can pray to when my children are sick and He hears me and comforts us. Thank you Father for watching over us and protecting us.   

The following pictures are just some funny ones I snapped yesterday while at home with the kids.  
Asher was kissing this baby doll of Amelia's

Word to the wise.  DO NOT buy Cheetos when you have a 17 month old who had a short nap who also loves Cheetos.  Epic fail.  I so wish you could see his face in this picture.  He was SO mad at me.


I love this sweet picture of my babies playing together.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

I don't even buy Cheetos because Elyse loves them so much!

And your poor kiddos, and Hubby! Hope you don't get sick!