Saturday, June 30, 2012

Craftiness

I've been feeling crafty here lately. (Thanks Pinterest.)  This past week I started sewing lessons,  which I am so excited about.  Brittney gave me her old sewing machine for Christmas and I admit I've done nothing with it since then.  I did buy some fabric, but that's as far as I got so when I heard about these sewing classes here in Aurora at a local quilt shop I was super excited.  Five one on one classes, $20, you bring your sewing machine, stay as long as you want, work on want you want, it's perfect!  I stayed about 2.5 hours for my first class and successfully made a burp cloth.  Nothing major, but I was still proud.  Up next is a pillow case dress for A! :)





Also I have an old pair of Toms that are getting worn out and have faded, but I still wear them because I love Toms.  I've seen on etsy and pinterest that people are decoreating them with fabric markers, so I thought why not?  Here's what I came up with, I'm still trying to decide if I should leave them as is or do some more.  Any thoughts?




I'm really thinking that a trip to hobby lobby is in my near future as well, I have plans for a menu board, a wall of pictures and a new iphone cover!  :)

1 comment:

Lauren said...

cute Toms! what a creative idea...creativity does not run very thick in my veins! ha!